Friday, May 27, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
These litte quinoa patties are absolutely amazing. Heres the recipe!
Makes 12 patties
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Gruyere cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole-grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. Add the bread crumbs, stir, and let stand for a few minutes. Form mixture into twelve 1-inch thick patties. (Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet; add water if too dry.) Mixture can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, add patties, cover, and cook until bottoms are deeply browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium if there is no browning after 10 minutes and continue to cook until patties are browned. Flip patties with a spatula and cook the second sides until golden, about 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining patties
Friday, May 20, 2011
So, I think its time to start blogging about food! One of my favourtie foods, and one you should be eating everyday is Avocado! But its so full of fat, you may say. Then I would roll my eyes at you and tell you that its GOOD FAT, fat that your body recognizes and can digest very well. It can regulate blood pressure. Its also packed in omega 3 and 6 which is great for your skin and hair. Its also delicious!!!! So, the way I have it everyday is on a sandwich which consists of Ezekiel Bread, tomato, spinach, cheese and avocado. Happy eating!!!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
So, our next concert isnt untill July. Were going to be seeing Fleet Foxes again, this time in St.Louis. It will be fun going to St.Louis again, but sadly Crepes In The City has closed their doors. How will we survive without a banana nutella crepe?!? Guess we'll have to make them ourselves! We just found out that The Decemberists have added dates and I think were going to see them in August in Indy. Havnt bought the tix yet, so we better cause they're going fast!!!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
The show was amazing! The harmonies were perfect, the music was perfect.....everthing was great. But of course were were sitting behind 2 giant idiots!!! They were dancing like they were in a club and SUPER drunk. They werent even enjoing the show!!!! errrrrrrr!!!! I hate people like that. Then he turns around and want me to give him a high five! Really?!? People still high five?